Frequently Asked Questions

Select a question from the following list of Chiropractic FAQ’s. Browse through these FAQ’s to find the answers to commonly raised questions. If you’re new to chiropractic, we encourage you to read through the relevant articles.

Table of Contents

  1. Am I Too Old for Chiropractic Care?
  2. Do I Need X Rays for Chiropractic Care?
  3. How Do I Know If I Should See a Chiropractor?
  4. Is Chiropractic Care Comfortable and Safe?
  5. Should I Continue Chiropractic Care?
  6. What Are the Benefits of Chiropractic Care?

Am I Too Old for Chiropractic Care?

Any age can experience benefit from chiropractic and as more and more people are wanting to actively enjoy their later years we’re seeing an increase in the number of elderly consulting chiropractic doctors. With growing concerns about over medication and the side effects of combining various prescription drugs, safe, natural chiropractic care is growing in popularity. In fact it’s the third largest healthcare system worldwide!

Do I Need X Rays for Chiropractic Care?

X-rays provide valuable information by showing us the internal condition and alignment of your spine. They also show any damage and how long it has been present, and help rule out other conditions which may require help from other health care professionals.

The decision to x-ray is made on an individual basis and is discussed with you at your initial visit.

How Do I Know If I Should See a Chiropractor?

Everyone can benefit from seeing a chiropractor. Only 10% of your nervous system perceives pain, the other 90% is what is making your body function, so a lot can be going on before you feel there’s a problem.Chiropractic focuses on the relationship between structure (primarily the spine and pelvis) and function (as coordinated by the nervous system) and how that relationship affects the preservation and restoration of health.

Is Chiropractic Care Comfortable and Safe?

The approach we use at Ellerslie Chiropractic is not like the techniques used by most conventional practitioners. With us you won’t be getting any harsh pressure, pushing or cracking of your joints. The way we work is by using very specific and gentle adjustments, rather than forcibly trying to put things right with sudden shoves or pushes. The reason we work this way is that we’re aiming to provide, safe, comfortable, long-lasting improvements rather than a “quick-fix”. Our clients are often surprised how our gentle approach provides relief together with all sorts of health benefits, whilst allowing them to be relaxed and comfortable throughout their appointment.

Our clients are often surprised how our gentle approach provides relief together with all sorts of health benefits, whilst allowing them to be relaxed and comfortable throughout their appointment.

Should I Continue Chiropractic Care?

To stay in the best health you can, yes, we’d recommend that you keep coming back to see us, just as often as you and your Chiropractor agree upon. For most people this tends to be something like once a month.

Many people find that the cause of their symptoms is their lifestyle such as sitting, stress and repetitive activities (eg. computers, driving, sports). So they find that regular monthly, chiropractic adjustments helps keep up their spinal fitness, just like an exercise routine keeps up body fitness and dental check-ups keep your teeth healthy.

So,yes, regular adjustments help you stay on top of your health and wellbeing, however how often you come is ultimately up to you.

What Are the Benefits of Chiropractic Care?

The benefits are different for every person. Chiropractic restores structure and function to the neuromuscuolskeletal system (nerves, muscles and spine), improving the brain body connection. Just how a phone conversation is more enjoyable when you have good reception, your body also does better when its communication pathways are working well. Here are some of the benefits that clients have experienced:

  • Improved overall health
  • Increased energy and vitality
  • Higher productivity and performance
  • Relief from pain
  • Improved sleep
  • Decrease in headaches and migraines
  • Better concentration
  • Decreased muscle tension
  • Improved posture
  • Greater ability to cope with stress
  • Greater flexibility, strength and muscle coordination
  • Greater emotional well-being
  • Less time off work
Back to top

Book online with Ellerslie Chiropractic

Ellerslie Chiropractic is your trusted, local provider of chiropractic care, delivering quality chiropractic services. We focus on relieving your pain and improving your overall health so you can focus on doing what you love.

request appointment